- Passing the new Apple Store in Sydney at 8:00 AM and seeing a line down the sidewalk (they open at 10:00)
- Found an AWESOME sushi place named Makoto (ok, it was the first result in the big G when I searched for "sushi sydney australia". At 2:30 on Sunday there was a waiting list. I was the only Gaijin there and it was some of the best sushi I've ever had. Crap, I hope I didn't peak early in this country.
- After sushi I did more walking and found The Cupcake Bakery. They have Chocolate on Choclate cupcake with a hint of chili. Yes, please!
- Continued walking and ran accross Max Brenner (Chocolate by the Bald Man) a few blocks later.
- I made it back to my hotel and the city decided to regale me with a thunderstorm!!! I love San Francisco but I really miss thunderstorms :)
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Yea, I'm gonna like it here
So, I promised to blog more when I got to Sydney and every once in a while I should keep a promise. I just arrived at 6:00 AM this morning (Sunday) and I am totally diggin' this town. My hotel room wasn't ready yet (duh), so I went for a little walk on the town. Sydney is an interesting, international, and extermely urban city. You can find influences from a number of countries. The highlights: