Monday, October 17, 2005
Getting to Boulder Statistically
Okay, so Faktor and I wake up head up to Boulder. The plan was to have lunch together at Crossroads Junction (a place on the map where the road for Arches breaks off from 70). He was gonna head down to Arches and I was going to make it to Boulder by 5 PM, just in time for a party (yea, I know, choosing a party over the wonder of nature, go ahead, judge me ;) Anyway. We get to Crossroads Junction and, well, that's the picture on the right. They didn't serve food so I continued on and left Mark to find his way alone.
I made it to Boulder in time for the Party (and just in time for my tire to go flat, oh yea, I got a nail in it in SF, used fix a flat on it and then drove 1400 miles on it).
I thought the various stats of driving from San Francisco to Boulder would be interesting (okay, maybe just to me, but there you have it):
- Peak Elevation: 11,206 ft (at the entrance to the Eisenhower Tunnel)
- Total Mileage: 1402 miles
- Max Speed: 103 MPH (on I15 to Vegas, everyone was doing it)
- Moving Time: 20 Hours 10 minutes
- Moving Average: 69.5 MPH
- Total Gas Used: 58.985
- Total Gas Price: $181.61
- Number of times I stopped to pee: 9
- Best Town Name Passed: Boron, CA!!!!!
- Worst Town Name Passed: Sulphurdale, UT
- Best Food Eaten: Veggie Sandwich at a little cafe near Zion
- Worst Food Eaten: Piece of exceptionally good chocolate that was melted and chilled too many times
- Number of people called when bored: 17
- Number of people who answered: 6
- Number of bugs killed on my bumper and windshield: Priceless